Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/10] x86: Reduce Memory Usage and Inter-Node message traffic (v3)

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:32:23 -0700

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 18:56:44 -0700
[email-masked] wrote:

> Changes for version v3:
> 
> cpu_sibling_map has been converted to a per_cpu data array to fix
> build errors on ia64, ppc64 and sparc64 to accomodate references in
> block/blktrace.c and kernel/sched.c when CONFIG_SCHED_SMT is defined.
> 
> Warning: ppc64 and sparc64 have not yet been built nor tested.

These patches all seem to be unaltered from what I had.

The first patch (x86: remove x86_cpu_to_log_apicid array) is in Andi's
tree as x86_64-mm-remove-x86_cpu_to_log_apicid.patch so I don't apply that.

The sparc64/ppc64/ia64 convert-cpu_sibling_map-to-a-per_cpu-data-array
patches need to be folded into the base patch so that we don't break the build
at any stage.

So what I ended up with was

x86-fix-cpu_to_node-references.patch
x86-convert-cpu_core_map-to-be-a-per-cpu-variable.patch
convert-cpu_sibling_map-to-be-a-per-cpu-variable.patch
convert-cpu_sibling_map-to-a-per_cpu-data-array-ia64.patch
convert-cpu_sibling_map-to-a-per_cpu-data-array-ppc64.patch
convert-cpu_sibling_map-to-a-per_cpu-data-array-sparc64.patch
x86-convert-x86_cpu_to_apicid-to-be-a-per-cpu-variable.patch
x86-convert-cpu_llc_id-to-be-a-per-cpu-variable.patch

where the four convert-cpu_sibling_map-to-* will be clumped into a
single diff.