Subject: 2.6.23-rc6-mm1 -- powerpc link failure

From: Andy Whitcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:28:48 +0100

I am seeing this strange link error from a PowerMac G5 (powerpc):

  [...]
    KSYM    .tmp_kallsyms2.S
    AS      .tmp_kallsyms2.o
    LD      vmlinux.o
  ld: dynreloc miscount for fs/built-in.o, section .opd
  ld: can not edit opd Bad value
  make: *** [vmlinux.o] Error 1

Compiler version below.

root@elm3b19:~# gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: powerpc-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v
--enable-languages=c,c++,java,f95,objc,ada,treelang --prefix=/usr
--enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls
--program-suffix=-4.0 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu
--enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-java-awt=gtk-default
--enable-gtk-cairo
--with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-4.0-1.4.2.0/jre
--enable-mpfr --disable-softfloat
--enable-targets=powerpc-linux,powerpc64-linux --with-cpu=default32
--disable-werror --enable-checking=release powerpc-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)

-apw