Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] qemu platform, v2

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:00:47 +1000

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 11:55:46AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 06:08:31PM -0500, Milton Miller wrote:
> > Here is the second rev of patches to boot a arch powerpc kernel on
> > qemu with the prep architecture.
> 
> So if this is supposed to be prep why do you need additional kernel
> support?  And if you really needed why isn't it under
> platforms/prep?

Basically because PReP support doesn't work under arch/powerpc.
Getting it working properly is something that should happen, but will
take a while.  In the meantime, getting something that's sufficient to
get working under just qemu's version of prep, without using the
abominable openhackware is a quicker path to a usable arch/powerpc
kernel under qemu.

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson