Subject: [PATCH 0/5] PowerPC: ibmebus refactoring and fixes

From: Joachim Fenkes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:10:29 +0200

This patchset will merge the ibmebus and of_platform bus drivers by basing a
lot of ibmebus functionality on of_platform code and adding the features
specific to ibmebus on top of that.

I split the actual ibmebus rework into three patches (2/5-4/5) for easier
readability. The kernel will compile during the intermediate states, and
ibmebus will not crash, but not work either.

As a side-effect of patch 3/5, a problem with bus_id collisions in case of
two devices sharing the same location code is resolved -- the bus_id is now
determined differently.

[1/5] moves of_device allocation into of_device.[ch]
[2/5] removes the old bus match/probe/remove functions
[3/5] adds device creation and bus probing based on of_device
[4/5] finally moves to of_device and of_platform_driver by changing
      ibmebus.h and matching the eHCA and eHEA drivers
[5/5] just changes a nit in ibmebus_store_probe()

These patches should apply cleanly, in order, against 2.6.23-rc5 and against
Linus' git. Please review and comment them, and queue them up for 2.6.24 if
you think they're okay.

Thanks and regards,
  Joachim

 arch/powerpc/kernel/ibmebus.c             |  263 ++++++++-----------------=
=2D---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/of_device.c           |   80 +++++++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/of_platform.c         |   70 +--------
 drivers/infiniband/hw/ehca/ehca_classes.h |    2 +-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/ehca/ehca_eq.c      |    6 +-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/ehca/ehca_main.c    |   32 ++--
 drivers/net/ehea/ehea.h                   |    2 +-
 drivers/net/ehea/ehea_main.c              |   72 ++++----
 include/asm-powerpc/ibmebus.h             |   38 +----
 include/asm-powerpc/of_device.h           |    4 +
 include/linux/of_device.h                 |    5 +
 11 files changed, 226 insertions(+), 348 deletions(-)

=2D-=20
Joachim Fenkes =A0-- =A0eHCA Linux Driver Developer and Hardware Tamer
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH =A0-- =A0Dept. 3627 (I/O Firmware Dev. 2)
Schoenaicher Strasse 220 =A0-- =A071032 Boeblingen =A0-- =A0Germany
eMail: [email-masked]