Subject: Re: Problem with OF interrupt parsing code

From: "Gerhard Pircher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 14:40:15 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 08:54:04 +1000
> Von: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
> An: Segher Boessenkool <[email-masked]>
> CC: Gerhard Pircher <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> Betreff: Re: Problem with OF interrupt parsing code

> It shoudn't normally happen. The reason it -does- happen in fact is that
> the above node is also missing the #interrupt-cells property, which
> cause the parent-lookup routine to skip it before it gets a chance to
> see that there's an "interrupt-controller" property in there.
> 
> I'm not sure whether linux behaviour is a bug or not since I believe we
> are clearly in undefined-land as an interrupt controller should always
> have a #interrupt-cells property.
I think these properties weren't specified in the OF CHRP ISA PIC device
binding document for the PIC node, thus I may have forgotten about them
(CHRP also defines a parent interrupt controller for the PIC, right?).
But the AmigaOne is not a CHRP platform, so I'll add them to the device
tree and then I will see how it works.

Thanks!

Gerhard