Subject: Re: Problem with OF interrupt parsing code

From: "Gerhard Pircher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 09:43:47 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:03:27 +1000
> Von: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
> An: Gerhard Pircher <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked]
> Betreff: Re: Problem with OF interrupt parsing code

> 
> On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 14:38 +0200, Gerhard Pircher wrote:
> > I know that it's ugly, but the problem is how to distinguish the
> > boards. The only real difference I know of is the PCI interrupt
> > mapping. The northbridges chip revision for example is always the
> > same, but CPU type, amount of memory and PCI devices can appear in
> > all possible combinations. The firmware doesn't tell me, which board
> > the kernel is runnning on, so I would like to rely on this fall back
> > here until I get the chance to update the firmware (which is beyond
> > my control).
> 
> And how does the firmware know ? There must be a strap somewhere...
> 
> Ben.
Good question. I don't know. Anyway I changed the device tree based on
your comments and now it works (at least until the kernel deadlocks
somewhere else). :(

Gerhard

-- 
Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen! 
Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer