Subject: Re: powerpc commits for 2.6.24

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:06:03 +0200

On Thursday 11 October 2007, Timur Tabi wrote:
>=20
> Kumar Gala wrote:
>=20
> > Just to clarify, are we closing 2.6.24 for new code after you send =A0
> > Linus a pull request or are we still taking things during the two =A0
> > week merge window?
>=20
> I certainly hope the window isn't closed! =A0I need another week to get m=
y UART=20
> driver in.

Officially, the time for submissions to paulus is now over and you should
not be working on code for the open merge window any more. I'm saying this
as someone who's normally one of the worst offenders of this rule and
I do feel guilty about it.

There is always stuff that goes in late in the merge window, so not all
is lost for you, but you should be aware that what you are doing is wrong
and you will be subject to public shaming on #mklinux when you try ;-)

	Arnd <><