Subject: Re: Problem with uboot on lite5200

From: Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:13:47 +0100

In message <[email-masked]> you wrote:
> 
> How should people get a glue what's current, when in the section
> "Latest News" at http://sourceforge.net/projects/u-boot/ the people
> still find a more or less official looking "u-boot-1.1.5" release.

Maybe by reading the very first two lines on the SF page:

	...
        NOTE: current source code is available from DENX git
        repository and FTP server; see http://www.denx.de/en/Software/GIT

or by looking at the project page http://u-boot.sourceforge.net/ which
redirects you to http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot which has all the
significant information?

The problem is that you cannot really "shut down" a SourceForge
project (please correct me if I'm wrong).

> (And they don't want to use scm repositories because they are afraid
> of using anything unstable.)

I guess there is no real cure for this. [Same people will happily
download any temproray test version from a FTP server, though.]

> > Current U-Boot is 1.3.0-rc4. Please wake up.
> 
> Well... maybe it's better to remove all references to the old
> releases at sourceforge and point them to ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/

Can you please teach me how to do that?

> instead. Btw. 1.3.0-rc4 isn't there as well. :-P

Indeed. But there is a "snapshot" link on the gitweb page...

And 1.3.0 will be out in less than 2 hours from now :-)

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

-- 
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,     MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]
I am an atheist, thank God!