Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH 0/3] OF-platform PATA driver

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 03:21:26 +0300

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 09:50:07PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Friday 23 November 2007, Anton Vorontsov wrote:
> > Here is the PATA Platform driver using OF infrastructure.
> > 
> > Mostly it's just a wrapper around a bit modified pata_platform
> > driver.
> 
> Thanks a lot for doing this. Patches 2/3 are what I tried to get
> people to do for some time now but was too lazy to do myself.
> 
> As a further thought, do the drivers now still need to be
> pata specific, or should the OF part be called ata_of_platform
> instead and also be used for sata devices?

Ugh, I don't know much about sata, it should act just as a pata
in the very basic usage, IIRC. So it's worth trying, but I don't
have any platform satas to try... :-/

Hereby, I'd rather stick with pata name, as it's never too late
to simply rename things later.

Thanks,

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
backup email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2