Subject: Re: Unable to Read PPC440EPx Board ID thru Board Control and Status Registers (BCSR)

From: Stefan Roese <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 10:28:07 +0100

On Monday 03 December 2007, Dell Query wrote:
> I finally got the new pdf files from other Resource CDs and used 0xc000000
> address, without 0x2000 offset.

Good.

> It works! Thanks a lot for the help.
>
> But may I know why in Linux it is mapped to 0x1c000000, wherein the doc
> stated 0xc000000?

The doc most probably only refers to the virtual address mapped in U-Boot 
here.

Best regards,
Stefan

=====================================================================
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,     MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: [email-masked]
=====================================================================