Subject: Re: [DTC][PATCH] Fix cross-compile building

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 11:36:04 +1100

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 12:28:20PM -0600, Kumar Gala wrote:
> From: Stuart Hughes <[email-masked]>
> 
> This patch allows you to build the DTC source without making the
> tests directory.  This is necessary when cross compiling as the
> dumptest (and other) files cannot be run/used on the host system.
> To use this use: 'make TESTS='

I think this is a silly way of doing this.  Instead create a new
target which builds everything but the tests.

Say,

	all: cross tests

	cross: dtc ftdump libfdt

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson