Subject: Re: [PATCH] Introduce driver_create/remove_dir

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:10:22 -0800

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 10:56:33AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> 
> Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  drivers/base/driver.c      |   24 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  drivers/net/iseries_veth.c |   15 +++++++--------
>  include/linux/device.h     |    3 +++
>  3 files changed, 34 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
> 
> Greg, does this look like a reasonable solution to iseries_veth accessing
> the "private" kobject in struct device_driver?  This version is against
> maimline, but the stuff you have in mm would just need to update
> driver_create_dir ...

Hm, we just want to be able to get to the kobject somehow here.  Not
create a new api that doesn't match up.  I'll think about it and figure
something that matches the other portions of the api.

> Also something along the lines of device_add_dir() might be good if you
> want to hide the kobject in struct device as well.

As devices _should_ always be dynamic, hopefully I'll not have to do
that.  But knowing some of the platform devices, I'm afraid I'll have to
do that split :)

thanks,

greg k-h