Subject: Re: [PATCH 19/20] [POWERPC] pci32: 4xx embedded platforms want to reassign all PCI resources

From: Josh Boyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:01:13 -0600

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:38:46 +1100
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This makes 4xx embedded platforms re-assign all PCI resources as we
> pretty much never care about what the various firmwares have done on
> these, it's generally not compatible with the way the kernel will map
> the bridges.
> 
> We still need to also enable bus renumbering on some of them, but I
> will do that from a separate patch after I've fixed 4xx PCIe to handle
> all bus numbers.

This one is slightly broken in my opinion.  You've added
the ppc_pci_flags to all of these platforms, which is fine for your
intended goal.  But now all of these platforms _have_ to compile with
PCI enabled or they'll break with:

arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o: In function `walnut_probe':
walnut.c:(.init.text+0x9a): undefined reference to `ppc_pci_flags'
walnut.c:(.init.text+0xa6): undefined reference to `ppc_pci_flags'
make[1]: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

So to do it correctly we need to either select CONFIG_PCI for all of
them, wrap the ppc_pci_flags assignment in #ifdef CONFIG_PCI, or move
the ppc_pci_flags variable declaration into something that always gets
compiled.

josh