Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC 0/7] "NAND on UPM" and related patches

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:09:57 +0300

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 03:06:54PM -0600, Scott Wood wrote:
[...]
> >Given that, personally I'd want to lockless variant to stay.
> >
> >So, you still want to get rid of it?
> 
> Yes, in the absence of benchmarking that shows it makes a real 
> difference.

Benchmarking shows no difference in throughput between lock and
lockless variants. This is expected of course, flashes are slow,
so I can't really benchmark anything with it.

> Premature optimization being the root of all evil, and what 
> not.

;-) Will remove it, thanks!

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
backup email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2