Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/8] powerpc: prpmc2800 - Convert dts file to v1

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 09:03:35 +1100

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 05:37:38PM -0700, Mark A. Greer wrote:
> From: Mark A. Greer <[email-masked]>
> 
> Convert the prpmc2800.dts file to dts-v1.  Basically, this means
> converting the numeric constants to be 'C'-like (e.g., hexadecimal
> numbers start with '0x').

[snip]
>  				interrupt-parent = <&/mv64x60/pic>;

If you're converting to dts-v1, you should also convert any path
references like this to &{/mv64x60/pic} or else use a label.  Yes,
some early dts-v1 supporting dtc versions supported these as is, but
the idea is to try to forget that they existed and always require the
{} quoting in dts-v1.

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson