Subject: Re: [MPC5200] problem running FEC and ATA

From: Robert Schwebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 16:44:58 +0100

On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 03:24:34PM +0200, Arnon Kaufman wrote:
> does any one succeed running a functional FEC and ATA (pata) running
> together?

Yes, we do, on the phyCORE-MPC5200B-tiny; you can check our patches here:
http://www.pengutronix.de/oselas/bsp/phytec/download/phyCORE-MPC5200B-tiny/

We've recently made the -6 release which supports ATA; although I'm not
sure if the tests were done with networking & ATA at the same time I
assume yes (at least while doing nfsroot). We'll re-check your scenario.

Note that there has been quite some activity wrt. MPC5200, bestcom and
fec in the mainline recently. You should test the latest 2.6.24-rc
kernel.

Robert
-- 
 Dipl.-Ing. Robert Schwebel | http://www.pengutronix.de
 Pengutronix - Linux Solutions for Science and Industry
   Handelsregister:  Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9