Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add information on enabling sound on the MPC8641 HPCN

From: Olof Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 20:18:23 -0600

On Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 02:42:34PM -0600, Timur Tabi wrote:
> Olof Johansson wrote:
>
>> Are freescale customers really used to going to the linux device tree
>> sources to find out how to modify their boards to achieve certain
>> functionality with their eval boards?! I guess you guys are taking the
>> "device trees are used to describe the hardware" statement to it's
>> fullest extent.
>
> Well, I've always been a rebel.
>
> Honestly, I just thought it would be harmless and a lot easier (for me) 
> than trying to convince some documentation dude to write it up and publish 
> it.

Heh. Well, it's up to Kumar what to do about this one upstream, it
just seemed like a weird choice to document board reworks in the device
tree comments.

Having it somewhere that sticks to google's database is better than
nothing at all, I suppose. :)

-Olof