Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] [POWERPC] smp_call_function_map should be static

From: Olof Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 15:31:35 -0600

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 07:28:33AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> 
> On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 22:08 -0600, Olof Johansson wrote:
> > smp_call_function_map should be static, and for consistency prepend it
> > with __ like other local helper functions in the same file.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <[email-masked]>
> 
> NAK. I want it exported to other arch code, I'll need it in some stuff
> that I haven't released yet, like some BookE SMP stuff.

With the locking changes in 2/2, it will need a new exported function
that does the locking around the call to __*. With that, it'd be easier
to just merge this.

I.e. __smp_call_function_map() will be the internal (lockless) version,
and you'll end up adding a nonstatic smp_call_function_map() that does
locking and calls the __* one.

Is that OK with you?

-Olof