Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/8] pseries: phyp dump: reserve-release proof-of-concept

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 01:26:50 +0100

On Tuesday 08 January 2008, Manish Ahuja wrote:

> Initial patch for reserving memory in early boot, and freeing it later.
> If the previous boot had ended with a crash, the reserved memory would contain
> a copy of the crashed kernel data.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Manish Ahuja <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Linas Vepstas <[email-masked]>

I think the signed-off-by chain needs to be modified. The way it appears,
you handled the patch first, then sent it to Linas, who forwarded it
to whoever will take the patches from the list.

This obviously isn't true, since you are actually the one who is sending
out the patches. Moreover, I believe that the [email-masked]
address is now dead, and shouldn't be used for this any more.

So, depending on which of you two wrote the majority of a patch, I think
it should be either

| Signed-off-by: Manish Ahuja <[email-masked]>
| Acked-by: Linas Vepstas <[email-masked]>

or 

| From: Linas Vepstas <[email-masked]>
| Signed-off-by: Manish Ahuja <[email-masked]>

	Arnd <><