Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: EMAC: Fix problem with mtu > 4080 on non TAH equipped 4xx PPC's

From: Eugene Surovegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:32:02 -0800

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 01:40:09PM +0100, Stefan Roese wrote:
> Currently, all non TAH equipped 4xx PPC's call emac_start_xmit() upon
> xmit. This routine doesn't check if the frame length exceeds the max.
> MAL buffer size.
> 
> This patch now changes the driver to call emac_start_xmit_sg() on all
> platforms and not only the TAH equipped ones (440GX). This enables an
> MTU of 9000 instead 4080.
> 
> Tested on Kilauea (405EX) with gbit link -> jumbo frames enabled.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Stefan Roese <[email-masked]>
> ---
> Eugene & Ben, do you see any problems with this patch? If not, then I'll
> send another version for the newemac driver too.

Hmm, so why not make GigE support a condition to hook SG version of 
xmit then? I don't like when you change behaviour for chips where it 
perefectly legal not to do this check because you cannot change MTU 
anyways.

-- 
Eugene