Subject: Re: Fixed phy

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 02:26:18 +0300

Hello Rune,

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 10:50:53AM -0600, Rune Torgersen wrote:
> 
> Hi
> We're doing a port to 2.6.24-rc7, and we need to set up two ethernets
> with fixed phy's as they have phyless interfaces to a switch.
> WE cannot find any good examples on how to do this. We've found the
> fixed speed PHY emulation in the configuration, but are unsure on
> how to set the PHY's up in the device tree.
> 
> This is using a 8280 cpu and ethernet on the FCC's

See these patches:

Fixed phy subsystem rework:
http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2007-December/047777.html

Fixed phy generic dts parsing & gianfar support:
http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2007-December/047778.html

Fixed phy support for fs_enet driver (SCC/FCC/FEC):
http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2007-December/048090.html

Example of usage:
http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2007-December/047779.html

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
backup email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2