Subject: Re: Reminder: removal of arch/ppc - (Sequoia)

From: Steve Heflin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:37:36 -0500

At 09:00 PM 1/27/2008, Josh wrote:
>On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:37:22 -0500
>Steve Heflin <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > Yes! I'm looking at 2.6.23.14 as I thought that was the newest
> > version. I completely missed seeing the 2.6.24 kit, thank you so much!!
>
>FYI, 2.6.24 is considered fairly old relatively speaking.  With so much
>activity going on for the embedded boards for arch/powerpc, you're sort
>of missing out if you aren't running from the latest git trees.
>
>Yes, I realize how ridiculous it sounds to say a kernel that was just
>released 3 days ago is old, but that's reality.
>
>josh

Hey Josh, thank you so much for the pointer to the git trees. I've 
been using Linus' kernel.org tree, as that's where I was pointed to 
by the powerpc web site about 2 months ago. I sure do appreciate your 
updated pointer to the git tree, I will now locate it and stay tuned 
and participate.

steve