Subject: Re: x86/non-x86: percpu, node ids, apic ids x86.git fixup

From: Olof Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:35:49 -0600

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 07:06:23PM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> 
> * Luck, Tony <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > > thanks! Sorry about that: we cross-built on ARM but not on SMP 
> > > non-x86 platforms so this dependency/breakage went unnoticed.
> > 
> > Yes ... all ia64 builds (UP and SMP) are broken at the moment. Please 
> > Cc: me with the fixup patch.
> 
> Could you check the patch below? With this applied to latest -git, ia64 
> buils fine for me in a cross-compiling environment. (but i dont know 
> whether it boots ...)

powerpc (pasemi_defconfig) is broken in new ways from the original
breakage by this patch:

  CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
In file included from include/asm/pgtable-ppc64.h:10,
                 from include/asm/pgtable.h:13,
                 from include/linux/mm.h:39,
                 from include/linux/mman.h:14,
                 from arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c:22:
include/asm/tlbflush.h: In function 'arch_enter_lazy_mmu_mode':
include/asm/tlbflush.h:112: error: '__my_cpu_offset' undeclared (first
use in this function)
include/asm/tlbflush.h:112: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
include/asm/tlbflush.h:112: error: for each function it appears in.)
include/asm/tlbflush.h: In function 'arch_leave_lazy_mmu_mode':
include/asm/tlbflush.h:119: error: '__my_cpu_offset' undeclared (first
use in this function)
In file included from include/linux/mm.h:535,
                 from include/linux/mman.h:14,
                 from arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c:22:
include/linux/vmstat.h: In function '__count_vm_event':
include/linux/vmstat.h:62: error: '__my_cpu_offset' undeclared (first
use in this function)
include/linux/vmstat.h: In function 'count_vm_event':
include/linux/vmstat.h:67: error: '__my_cpu_offset' undeclared (first
use in this function)
include/linux/vmstat.h: In function '__count_vm_events':
include/linux/vmstat.h:73: error: '__my_cpu_offset' undeclared (first
use in this function)
include/linux/vmstat.h: In function 'count_vm_events':
include/linux/vmstat.h:78: error: '__my_cpu_offset' undeclared (first
use in this function)
make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Error 1

-Olof