Subject: Re: [PATCH] [POWERPC] fsl_soc: add support for "fsl, immr" compatible matching

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 02:30:43 +0300

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 03:16:57PM -0600, Scott Wood wrote:
> Anton Vorontsov wrote:
> > -	soc8540@e0000000 {
> > +	soc@e0000000 {
> >  		#address-cells = <1>;
> >  		#size-cells = <1>;
> >  		#interrupt-cells = <2>;
> > -		device_type = "soc";
> > +		compatible = "fsl,mpc8540-immr", "fsl,immr", "simple-bus";
> >  		ranges = <00000000 e0000000 00100000>
> >  		reg = <e0000000 00003000>;
> >  		bus-frequency = <0>;
> 
> It's called "CCSR" rather than "IMMR" on 85xx.

^^ Theory.

$ grep ccsr -r arch/powerpc/boot/dts/
$

$ grep immr -r arch/powerpc/boot/dts/ | grep 85 | cut -d: -f1
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm8540.dts
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm8541.dts
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc8572ds.dts
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm8555.dts
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/stx_gp3_8560.dts
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc885ads.dts
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/tqm8560.dts

^^ Practice. :-)

Maybe "fsl,soc", finally? :-) I think soc, ccsr or immr doesn't
really matter, what really matters is consistency. <cpu-specific>
part of the -ccsr/-immr should be sufficient to distinct whether
we're on 85xx or 83xx...

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
backup email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2