Subject: Re: [patch 4/4] RFC: PCI: consolidate several pcibios_enable_resources() implementations

From: Kyle McMartin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 02:03:25 -0500

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 09:39:56PM -0700, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
>     parisc: checks DEVICE_COUNT_RESOURCE (12) instead of PCI_NUM_RESOURCES
>	(11) resources at (1),
>

Good catch.

> has no IORESOURCE_{IO,MEM} check at (3),

What else can it be?

> 	has no PCI_ROM_RESOURCE check at (4), has no collision check at (5)
> 	always turns on PCI_COMMAND_SERR | PCI_COMMAND_PARITY at (6),
> 	writes cmd even if unchanged at (7)
> 

I'll have to check into 4 & 5, there might be a good reason for it. For
instance on a four port HP ethernet card (pci-pci bridge + 4 tulips) all
4 of the rom resources are mapped to the same address, which afaict, is
allowed but breaks things in mysterious and subtle ways.

That said, the parisc pci code is a rats nest...

cheers, Kyle