Subject: Re: [patch v7 3/4] USB: add Cypress c67x00 OTG controller HCD driver

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:03:00 -0800

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 05:57:06PM +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:
> >>>>> "Greg" == Greg KH <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> Hi,
>  Greg> I don't know, I selected the config option, and yet, it built
>  Greg> as if it wasn't set.
> 
> Sorry, I cannot reproduce that here. Could you try again?

I will on the next round :)

>  Greg> Can you move the files under the hcd/ subdir

Oops, I ment "host/" not, "hcd/".

> Sorry, I don't think that's a good idea as the hardware can do
> peripheral as well, and as you can see in patch 4, a gadget driver is
> on it's way.

Ok, that's fine, why can't the gadget stuff go into the gadget/
directory then also?  As this device is a host controller, it makes
sense to me to keep it in the host-controller subdirectory.

>  Greg> run it through checkpatch.pl and fix up the __FUNCTION__
>  Greg> warnings, and then I'll be willing to test it again :)
> 
> Ahh, that seems to be a pretty new warning in checkpatch - I atleast
> haven't seen it before. The other things it complains about seems to
> be rubbish though (except for the single indented label).

What other things do you think are rubbish?

And yes, it's a new warning with the advent of 2.6.25-rc1, but that's no
reason to ignore it :)

thanks,

greg k-h