Subject: Re: compile quirk linux-2.6.24 (with workaround)

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:50:24 +0100

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 03:52, Josh Boyer wrote:
> My apologies for taking so long on this.  Digging through gcc history
> isn't exactly fun :)

No problem. Thanks for tackling the issue.

> Ok, so it seems -mcpu=440 was added in gcc 3.4.  The -mcpu=405 option
> has been around since 2001.  Seeing as how there really isn't anything
> 440 specific in the files effected, we should be able to pass -mcpu=405
> for everything and have it still work.
>
> Bernhard, can you try the patch below? 

I will test it in the next days.

The short test for my sarge compiler makes me optimistic:

dpkg -l gcc | grep gcc
ii  gcc            3.3.5-3        The GNU C compiler
bernhard@burn:~/tmp$ gcc -mcpu=440 x.c
cc1: error: bad value (440) for -mcpu= switch
bernhard@burn:~/tmp$ gcc -mcpu=405 x.c
bernhard@burn:~/tmp$

> -$(obj)/cuboot-katmai.o: BOOTCFLAGS += -mcpu=440
> +$(obj)/4xx.o: BOOTCFLAGS += -mcpu=405

-- 
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator: fsfeurope.org. Coordinator: www.Kolab-Konsortium.com.
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner