Subject: Re: Bamboo PCI interrupt issues

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 12:53:29 +1100

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 12:42:47PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> 
> On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 11:59 +1100, David Gibson wrote:
> > 
> > Uh.. there's no binding written down, it's just encoded into uic.c.
> > But UIC doesn't use OpenPIC sensitivity encoding.  Like FSL's IPIC, it
> > uses Linux IRQ_TYPE values from include/linux/irq.h which makes 8
> > "level sensitive, active-low".
> 
> On a related note: aren't we taking a risk here of seeing those values
> change in linux ?

We've discussed this before.  If that happens, the binding must remain
on the old values.  It means the driver will then need a translation
which it doesn't now, but we can deal with it.

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson