Subject: Re: PPC upstream kernel ignored DABR bug

From: Olof Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:50:57 -0500

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 04:36:37PM -0300, Luis Machado wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 12:19 -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > > On the Blade DABRX had to be set additional to DABR. PS3 and Celleb
> > > already did this. Uli Weigand found this back in November. I submitted
> > > a patch for this which went into 2.6.25-rc4.
> > > Can you please try again with rc4 ?
> > 
> > This is not the problem.  This came up before and everyone seems have
> > forgotten.  This bug has been reproduced on G5's, which do not have DABRX
> > as I understand it.
> 
> Yes, now that you mentioned, i've been able to reproduce this on 970FX's
> blades, which i don't think have DABRX registers. I guess it's the
> almost the same CPU as G5's.

What Apple called G5 were during the production runs three different
CPUs:

970
970FX
970MP

970 was only used in the very first models. 970MP was used in the last
(the models with pci-express and up to 4 cpus). 970FX was used on almost
everything else inbetween.

-Olof