Subject: Re: [PATCH] pasemi_dma: Driver for PA Semi PWRficient on-chip DMA engine

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 00:06:19 -0700

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:39:00 -0600 Olof Johansson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> pasemi_dma: Driver for PA Semi PWRficient on-chip DMA engine
>     
> First cut at a dma copy offload driver for PA Semi PWRficient. It uses the
> platform-specific functions to allocate channels, etc.

Applied this on Paul's latest and powerpc allmodconfig goes boom.

drivers/dma/pasemi_dma.c: In function `pasemi_dma_alloc_chan_resources':
drivers/dma/pasemi_dma.c:152: error: `PAS_DMA_TXCHAN_CFG_TY_COPY' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/dma/pasemi_dma.c:152: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
drivers/dma/pasemi_dma.c:152: error: for each function it appears in.)
drivers/dma/pasemi_dma.c:154: error: `PAS_DMA_TXCHAN_CFG_LPDQ' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/dma/pasemi_dma.c:155: error: `PAS_DMA_TXCHAN_CFG_LPSQ' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/dma/pasemi_dma.c: In function `pasemi_dma_probe':
drivers/dma/pasemi_dma.c:394: error: structure has no member named `device_dependency_added'

Also this driver from git-md-accel is pretty sick:

drivers/dma/fsldma.c:439: warning: comparison of distinct pointer types lacks a cast
drivers/dma/fsldma.c: In function `fsl_chan_xfer_ld_queue':
drivers/dma/fsldma.c:584: warning: long long unsigned int format, dma_addr_t arg (arg 4)
drivers/dma/fsldma.c: In function `fsl_dma_chan_do_interrupt':
drivers/dma/fsldma.c:661: warning: unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 5)
drivers/dma/fsldma.c:677: warning: long long unsigned int format, dma_addr_t arg (arg 4)
drivers/dma/fsldma.c:677: warning: long long unsigned int format, dma_addr_t arg (arg 5)
drivers/dma/fsldma.c:694: warning: unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 4)
drivers/dma/fsldma.c: In function `fsl_dma_self_test':
drivers/dma/fsldma.c:833: warning: int format, different type arg (arg 5)
drivers/dma/fsldma.c: In function `of_fsl_dma_probe':
drivers/dma/fsldma.c:1003: warning: unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 5)
drivers/dma/fsldma.c: At top level:
drivers/dma/fsldma.c:723: warning: 'fsl_dma_callback_test' defined but not used