Subject: Re: [PATCH] ppc: Export empty_zero_page

From: Theodore Tso <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:42:39 -0400

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 02:41:10PM +1100, Tony Breeds wrote:
> 
> I suspect you meant arch/*powerpc* arch ppc, wont fix the problem ;P
> 

Um, right.  I didn't know about this:

> Why:  The arch/powerpc tree is the merged architecture for ppc32 and ppc64
>      platforms.  Currently there are efforts underway to port the remaining
>      arch/ppc platforms to the merged tree.  New submissions to the arch/ppc
>      tree have been frozen with the 2.6.22 kernel release and that tree will
>      remain in bug-fix only mode until its scheduled removal.  Platforms
>      that are not ported by June 2008 will be removed due to the lack of an
>      interested maintainer. 

Oops, sorry.  So should I not bother with a patch to arch/ppc at all?
I guess it's somewhat likely that whatever is left in arch/ppc is not
likely to need to support ext4?

Back with a real patch in just a bit.  :-)

						- Ted