Subject: dtc: Change exit code for usage message

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:04:19 +1100

If dtc's command line arguments are invalid, it prints a usage message
and returns exit code 2.  That's the same exit code as for a failed
check, which is potentially confusing if running dtc from an automated
harness.  Therefore this patch changes the usage exit code to 3.

Signed-off-by: David Gibson <[email-masked]>

Index: dtc/dtc.c
===================================================================
--- dtc.orig/dtc.c	2008-03-18 14:02:42.000000000 +1100
+++ dtc/dtc.c	2008-03-18 14:02:46.000000000 +1100
@@ -106,7 +106,7 @@ static void  __attribute__ ((noreturn)) 
 	fprintf(stderr, "\t\tForce - try to produce output even if the input tree has errors\n");
 	fprintf(stderr, "\t-v\n");
 	fprintf(stderr, "\t\tPrint DTC version and exit\n");
-	exit(2);
+	exit(3);
 }
 
 int main(int argc, char *argv[])

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson