Subject: Re: Question on mpc52xx_common.c

From: Sven Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 09:56:42 +0200

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 04:14:42AM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 April 2008, Matt Sealey wrote:
> > Grant Likely wrote:
> > > 
> > > Sure, why not?  If the firmware has already set it up correctly and no
> > > devices using it are in use, then the kernel should be okay.  :-)
> > > That said, I can't imagine choosing to not put the cdm node into the
> > > device tree.
> > 
> > *ahem* Efika.
> 
> Maybe we should just give up on making the efika boot with its regular
> device tree and instead add a boot wrapper that either fixes up the
> data provided by its firmware or just adds a proper dt blob?

for 2.6.24, device-tree fixups where added to the linux kernel, since we
don't have a possibility to modify the efika dt, or at least not in a
foreseable future, we should just add more fixups so we can handle
various other problems in it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther