Subject: Re: [PATCH] FCC: fix confused base / offset

From: Sascha Hauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 18:53:24 +0200

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 11:11:10AM -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 03:06:10PM +0200, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> > This patch fixes a mixup in struct fs_platform_info. The struct has a field
> > dpram_offset which really is no offset but an io pointer to the dpram
> > (casted to u32).
> 
> Right, I didn't want to touch that as the old-binding code should be
> going away soon anyway.

Right, so it's probably not worth the effort. I stumbled on this while
porting my board to the new binding code. I was quite confused when
seeing this so I made this fix to understand what's going on here.

BTW have you tested the FCC driver with the new binding code? I do not
manage to get it working. Everything seems to be fine but
fs_enet_start_xmit does not send a packet and no interrupts are
arriving.

> Does this break arch/ppc, BTW?

Yes. arch=ppc is out of my scope, so I forget about it regularly, sorry.
It breaks arch/ppc/platforms/mpc8272ads_setup.c which can be easily
fixed though. But as the mpc8272ads is supported with arch=powerpc,
shouldn't it go away anyway?

Sascha

-- 
Pengutronix e.K. - Linux Solutions for Science and Industry
-----------------------------------------------------------
Kontakt-Informationen finden Sie im Header dieser Mail oder
auf der Webseite -> http://www.pengutronix.de/impressum/ <-