Subject: Re: ppc405ep emac driver loading problem

From: Stefan Roese <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:29:26 +0200

On Thursday 10 April 2008, M B wrote:
> I'm porting vanilla 2.6.25-rc8 (arch=powerpc) to a new board. UART is
> already working in the kernel and Uboot with UART and ethernet is also
> working.
> But I can't get the emac driver (ibm_newemac) working under Linux.
> On boot emac_init get's called and exits normally, but no probe or
> open will get called and no network devices (except lo) are known to
> the kernel.
>
> Do I have to do something more, than adding the mals and emacs to the
> device tree? I haven't seen any 40x or 44x board in the platforms
> folder doing something special for the emac.
>
> Any hints?

How does your .config look? Please send the EMAC defines only. And send the 
emac/mal related dts nodes. And the current kernel boot log.

Best regards,
Stefan

=====================================================================
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,     MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: [email-masked]
=====================================================================