Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/5] [POWERPC] QE: split par_io_config_pin()

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 02:35:00 +0400

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 04:53:34PM -0500, Kumar Gala wrote:
>
> On Apr 17, 2008, at 2:28 PM, Anton Vorontsov wrote:
>> This patch splits par_io_config_pin so we can use it with GPIO LIB  
>> API.
>>
>> Also add a comment regarding #ifdef CONFIG_PPC_85xx being legacy.
>
> legacy to what?

If we'll ever manage to remove pio fixups from the device tree, we then
can safely remove whole par_io_of_config(struct device_node *np) along
with par_io_*(u8 port, ...), which only needs this #ifdef CONFIG_PPC_85xx.
Users (so far only mpc8323e-rdb IIRC) of par_io_data_set(u8 port, ...)
will be converted to GPIO API.

And since device tree fixups considered legacy, I marked this code as
legacy too. Am I wrong here?

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2