Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/5] [POWERPC] 83xx: new board support: MPC8360E-RDK

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 02:04:40 +0400

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 03:05:25PM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Anton Vorontsov
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > This is patch adds board file, device tree, and defconfig for the new
> >  board, made by Freescale Semiconductor Inc. and Logic Product Development.
> 
> >   arch/powerpc/platforms/83xx/mpc836x_rdk.c       |  106 +++
> 
> I don't see anything exotic in here.  This can be merged with one of
> the other non-exotic mpc83xx board files.  The dts parsing takes care
> of the differences.

Please name the board file in which you think I'll easily merge this
indeed non-exotic board.

The only QE boards there are: mpc832x_{rdb,mds} and mpc836x_mds. All of
them have board-specific fixups either in the machine_device_initcall()s
or setup_arch()s.

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2