Subject: Re: [U-Boot-Users] AMCC PPC440EPx/sequoia stability question...

From: Stefan Roese <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:06:17 +0200

On Thursday 24 April 2008, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > This depends. When the bootwrapper version is used then yes, the kernel
> > should get changed. This is because the bootwrapper detects the SDRAM
> > size from the DDR2 controller and passes it to Linux.
> >
> > Without bootwrapper no changes are needed, since U-Boot already passes
> > the corrected memory size to Linux (totalsize-4k currently).
>
> Hm.  Given that AMCC ships the boards with an older U-Boot that requires
> cuImages, I think we'll need to patch the wrapper.

Yes, this should be done too. I forgot about it since I usually don't use the 
wrapper.

> Does 440GRx share 
> this same errata?  I would think so.

Yep. Same problem on 440GRx.

Best regards,
Stefan

=====================================================================
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,     MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: [email-masked]
=====================================================================