Subject: Re: powerpc port for sbc8260-based board problem

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 13:22:09 -0500

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 01:31:52AM -0700, Boris Shteinbock wrote:
>      /* Monitor port/SMC1 */
>      smc1: serial@11a80 {
>        device_type = "serial";
>        compatible = "fsl,mpc8260-smc-uart",
>                     "fsl,cpm2-smc-uart";
>        reg = <0x11a80 0x20 0x1100 0x40>;

The second reg resource depends on where your firmware set up the SMC pram
regs.  With U-boot, it's usually zero.

Note that as of 2.6.26-rc1, this is set up dynamically instead, and the
second resource should be 0x87fc 2.

> Can someone, also, explain, how "fsl, cpm-command" field works,

It's the device-specific portion of the value that gets written to the CPM
command register (page, sub-block, and mcc channel).

> booting-without-of document doesn't provide much information. I feel, that
> just copying this value from ep8248.dts isn't right somehow.

It should be the same.

-Scott