Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] [WATCHDOG] mpc83xx_wdt: add support for MPC86xx CPUs

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 02:12:43 +0400

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 04:55:16PM -0500, Timur Tabi wrote:
> Anton Vorontsov wrote:
>
>> I don't know the IP block name... what is it for the 83xx/86xx
>> watchdogs?
>
> My point was that we developers should just pick a name and run with it.  
>  That's where the name "Elo" came from.  None of official Freescale  
> documentation calls the DMA controller on 85xx parts "Elo", but the  
> kernel code does.

Ahh, I see. Ok, my purpose: name the driver for mpc83xx-like watchdogs
as mpc83xx_wdt.c? :-)

It's less confusion. For example DMA. I really don't know what the
"Elo" is. Nobody does actually, except the few people who discussed
Linux Freescale DMA drivers...

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2