Subject: Re: [PATCH] CS4270 node is misplaced in the MPC8610 device tree

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 22:42:38 +0400

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 01:20:32PM -0500, Timur Tabi wrote:
> Timur Tabi wrote:
> > The CS4270 is using the second I2C bus, not the first, on the Freescale
> > MPC8610 HPCD, so its node in the device tree belongs under 'i2c@3100'
> > and not 'i2c@3000'.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Timur Tabi <[email-masked]>
> 
> Please disregard this patch.  It turns out that that both I2C controllers are
> connected to the same bus, so it technically doesn't matter which node a device
> is a child of.  However, tests show that sometimes one parent works, and
> sometimes the other parent works.

Hm... this should be controlled by the PIXIS' BRDCFG0's I2CSPAN and
SERSEL bits:

0: I2C1 and I2C2 buses are separated. System (boot sequencer EEPROM)
   is on I2C1, all others are on I2C2. MPC8610 SPI functions cannot be used.
1: I2C1 and I2C2 are bridged. MPC8610 SPI functions may be used. All I2C
   devices may be accessed via I2C1 controller and/or I2C2 (I2C2 depends on
   SERSEL setting).

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2