Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/8 v4] mpc83xx_wdt rework, support for mpc8610 and mpc8xx

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 16:48:30 -0700

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 21:37:26 +0400
Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> No comments on the previous version for two weeks... resending once
> again.

I did all the rework to make the patches apply on top of all the
pending watchdog work in Wim's tree and in -mm.  I haven't build tested
it yet.

I'll assume that

 [PATCH 7/8] [POWERPC] fsl_soc: remove mpc83xx_wdt code

and

 [PATCH 8/8] [POWERPC] 86xx: mpc8610_hpcd: add watchdog node

are dependent upon the preceding six patches.  This might be wrong.

Please put the subsystem identifier (eg, "watchdog" and "powerpc")
outside the [], for reasons which should be in
Documentation/SubmittingPatches, which used to be there but which got
lost.  Bascially the text inside [] is for temporary not-for-committing
information such as "rfc", "2.6.24-rc4", "resend", etc and should be stripped
by the email recipient before merging.