Subject: git Linux 2.6.26-rc5 - 53c8ba9: seems OK after short use

From: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 00:58:07 +0200

Hi All

With these rather fresh sources, obtained via git: 

53c8ba9 Linux 2.6.26-rc5 

and after just about an hour of mild tests on 2 powerpc laptops: an
older TiBookIV, a newer Powerbook5,8.

CD-Burning seems to work again: at least on the Powerbook5,8 - with a
real image burn. A simulated CD burn on the TiBookIV ended
successfully.

Sleep seems being OK, on both machines.

Trackpad mouse pointer, on both machines, didn't disappear so far.

I only realised yesterday, after months of using a kernel that I even
uploaded for the rest of the world around Febr./March this year, that
CD burning obviously was gone with v2.6.25-rc3-81-g7704a8b. So after a
short test this burner issue seems gone with the new 2.6.26-rc5 .. :)

And no, I won't upload this 2.6.26-rc5 package anywhere, probably ...

Thanks a lot to the kernel guys ... :)

HTH
Wolfgang
-- 
http://heelsbroke.blogspot.com/
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on