Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/5] powerpc: remove mpc8xx-ide driver

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:38:43 +0200

On Thursday 12 June 2008, Kumar Gala wrote:
> 
> On Jun 10, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> > Thanks, applied.
> >
> Acked-by: Kumar Gala <[email-masked]>

Ok, I've updated my git tree again, to remove this one and
the commproc.h changes that have gone into the m68k-nommu
tree.

The patches remain now, and are still available for powerpc-next at

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arnd/playground.git ppc-removal-more

	Arnd <><

---
commit 2c2732c402532e6be26d58f38abd39f56070d569
Author: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Jun 10 15:55:40 2008 +0200

    powerpc/mtd: remove dead platform specific maps

    It is no longer possible to select compilation of these
    drivers with arch/powerpc, so the code should be removed.

    New platforms should use physmap_of.

    Cc: [email-masked]
    Cc: David Woodhouse <[email-masked]>
    Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

 drivers/mtd/maps/Kconfig            |   57 --------
 drivers/mtd/maps/Makefile           |    6 -
 drivers/mtd/maps/mbx860.c           |  100 -------------
 drivers/mtd/maps/ocotea.c           |  154 ---------------------
 drivers/mtd/maps/redwood.c          |  176 -----------------------
 drivers/mtd/maps/rpxlite.c          |   66 ---------
 drivers/mtd/maps/tqm8xxl.c          |  261 -----------------------------------
 drivers/mtd/maps/wr_sbc82xx_flash.c |  180 ------------------------
 8 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 1000 deletions(-)

commit 41f911f000f3935ba85adb571cb9eb54ee9bed68
Author: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Jun 10 15:45:11 2008 +0200

    powerpc: remove references to dead platforms

    The SPRUCE, LOPEC, SANDPOINT, PPC_GEN550 and PPLUS Kconfig
    symbols were only defined for platforms in arch/ppc that are
    no longer there with arch/powerpc. All compile time
    switches based on these symbols can now be removed.

    Cc: [email-masked]
    Cc: [email-masked]
    Cc: [email-masked]
    Cc: Vitaly Bordug <[email-masked]>
    Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig              |    4 -
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig.debug        |    2 +-
 drivers/ide/pci/sl82c105.c        |    4 -
 drivers/input/serio/i8042-ppcio.h |   75 --------------------
 drivers/net/Kconfig               |    3 +-
 drivers/net/fec.c                 |   35 +---------
 drivers/net/smc91x.h              |   37 +----------
 drivers/pcmcia/m8xx_pcmcia.c      |  136 -------------------------------------
 include/asm-powerpc/ide.h         |   12 ---
 9 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 304 deletions(-)

commit d790ca4b21f14ee1943d9193808f3b8a980b650e
Author: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Jun 10 15:32:56 2008 +0200

    powerpc: remove hdpu drivers

    The CONFIG_HDPU option is gone with the removal of arch/ppc,
    so the drivers have become dead code that can be removed.

    Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

 drivers/misc/Makefile                 |    1 -
 drivers/misc/hdpuftrs/Makefile        |    1 -
 drivers/misc/hdpuftrs/hdpu_cpustate.c |  249 ---------------------------------
 drivers/misc/hdpuftrs/hdpu_nexus.c    |  150 --------------------
 4 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 401 deletions(-)