Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 0/2] Merge HUGETLB_PAGE and HUGETLBFS Kconfig options

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:46:29 +0100

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 02:49:00PM -0400, Adam Litke wrote:

> There are currently two global Kconfig options that enable/disable the
> hugetlb code: CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE and CONFIG_HUGETLBFS.  This may have
> made sense before hugetlbfs became ubiquitous but now the pair of
> options are redundant.  Merging these two options into one will simplify
> the code slightly and will, more importantly, avoid confusion and
> questions like: Which hugetlbfs CONFIG option should my code depend on?
> 
> CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE is aliased to the value of CONFIG_HUGETLBFS, so one
> option can be removed without any effect.  The first patch merges the
> two options into one option: CONFIG_HUGETLB.  The second patch updates
> the defconfigs to set the one new option appropriately.
> 
> I have cross-compiled this on i386, x86_64, ia64, powerpc, sparc64 and
> sh with the option enabled and disabled.  This is completely mechanical
> but, due to the large number of files affected (especially defconfigs),
> could do well with a review from several sets of eyeballs.  Thanks.

MIPS doesn't do HUGETLB (at least not in-tree atm) so I'm not sure why
[email-masked] was cc'ed at all.  So feel free to add my
Couldnt-care-less: ack line ;-)

  Ralf