Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] Change the default link address for pSeries zImage kernels.

From: Tony Breeds <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:16:44 +1000

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 06:13:23PM +1000, Tony Breeds wrote:
> Currently we set the start of the .text section to be 4Mb for pSeries.
> In situations where the zImage is > 8Mb we'll fail to boot (due to
> overlapping with OF).  Move .text in a zImage from 4MB to 64MB (well past OF).
> 
> We still will not be able to load large zImage unless we also move OF,
> to that end, add a note to the zImage ELF to move OF to 32Mb.  If this
> is the very first kernel booted then we'll need to moev OF manually by
> setting real-base.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Tony Breeds <[email-masked]>
> ---

Ooops should have said that this has been boot tested on power
3,4,5,5+,6 and JS20.  POWER4 firmware seems to have aproblem manually
reloacting realbase but asside from that it booted.

Yours Tony

  linux.conf.au    http://www.marchsouth.org/
  Jan 19 - 24 2009 The Australian Linux Technical Conference!