Subject: Re: Need stable 2.6 kernel for TQM823L

From: Stefan Roese <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 10:10:48 +0200

Hi Tom,

On Friday 04 July 2008, Thomas Maenner wrote:
> > arch/ppc is depreciated and will disappear in 2.6.27.  I don't know if
> > anyone is actively keeping 8xx support working in arch/ppc so you may
> > experience significant breakage.
> >
> > g.
>
> Not exactly what I was hoping to hear...
>
> What are the reasons to not port these TQs to 2.6?
> Lack of resources? Not enough interest?

We (DENX) have been maintaining those TQM8xx boards (U-Boot & Linux). But till 
now nobody asked us to port these over to arch/powerpc. You may understand 
that we won't do this "just for fun". If you are interested in an 
arch/powerpc port for these boards, we could do this of course. Please 
contact me off list if you are interested in such a project.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan

=====================================================================
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,     MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: [email-masked]
=====================================================================