Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Convert i2c-mpc from a platform driver into a of_platform driver, V4

From: Grant Likely <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:12:14 -0600

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 12:36:58PM -0400, Timur Tabi wrote:
>
> On Jul 9, 2008, at 1:22 PM, Grant Likely wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Jon Smirl <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> Convert i2c-mpc to an of_platform driver. Utilize the code in  
>>> drivers/of-i2c.c to make i2c modules dynamically loadable by the  
>>> device tree.
>>
>> Timur, can you please test this one on an 83xx platform?  It works on
>> 5200, but I want to make sure 83xx doesn't break before I pick it up.
>
> I'm on vacation this week, so I'll have to deal with it next week, after 
> I've handled higher-priority issues.

Kumar, is there anyone else who can test this out before the merge
window opens?

OTOH, it should be pretty safe.  It's been tested on 5200.  I could just
pick it up without 8xxx testing if you're okay with it.

g.