Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] leds: implement OpenFirmare GPIO LED driver

From: Grant Likely <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 23:09:30 -0600

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 03:42:01AM +0400, Anton Vorontsov wrote:
<lots of legitimate frustration snipped>
> So..
> 
> Trent, I encourage you to collect your patch snippets into complete patch,
> and post it so it could slip into 2.6.27 (the bad thing is that your
> approach involves changes to the existing drivers, not just adding new
> driver that could slip even into -rc9).
> 
> That is, I have a bunch of patches in my stg queue on which I can work
> with more fun, so I'm somewhat glad that somebody will take care of the
> notorious OF GPIO LEDs. ;-)

Okay.  Thank you for all your work; it is *much* appreciated.  I'm sorry
that these things didn't come up earlier and I feel your pain.  :-)

Trent, I'd be happy to help and do what I can to expedite getting of
gpio-leds support merged in the .27 window.

> > I like the first better.  It follows the example from the docs about how
> > devices with multiple gpios should work too.
> 
> IMO, each LED is a device. So, I would rather define compatible = <> for
> each led.

If we choose that all gpio-leds will have a common parent, then I'd
still argue for the compatible property to be on the parent node because
all the children are homogeneous.

g.