Subject: Re: [PATCH 10/16 v3] [v2] powerpc: iommu enablement for CMO

From: Robert Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:30:12 -0500

* Paul Mackerras ([email-masked]) wrote:
> Robert Jennings writes:
> 
> > Minor change to add a call to align the return from the device's
> > get_desired_dma() function with IOMMU_PAGE_ALIGN().  Also removed a
> > comment referring to a non-existent structure member.
> 
> Anyway, my first comment is that the first paragraph of the
> description ("Minor change to ...") is not appropriate for the git
> tree and will have to be edited before the patch is applied.  If the
> extra changes are worth describing, describe them (in stand-alone
> fashion) in the description; otherwise put things like this after the
> line of three dashes, which terminates the description.

I'll correct this with the other changes that need to be made.

> > +static int vio_dma_iommu_map_sg(struct device *dev, struct scatterlist *sglist,
> > +                                int nelems, enum dma_data_direction direction)
> 
> This function, and the related unmap_sg, map_single and unmap_single
> functions, now take an extra "struct dma_attrs *attrs" argument since
> Mark Nelson's patch "powerpc/dma: implement new dma_*map*_attrs()
> interfaces" went in (and it's now in Linus' tree).  You need to roll
> something like the patch below in with the 11/16 patch.

I'll repost with updates to add the dma_attrs field.

--Rob